Monday, August 30, 2010

The best way to cut a watermelon

Oh summer fruit, I love you so. My favorite is watermelon. Unfortunately, I've been very unlucky with picking out a "good one". Even this one I have here wasn't very good. Once its cold though, I love it just for its texture and the memory of better tasting watermelon. But its messy and annoying to cut, but then I figured this out (I saw it on Iron Chef). I do this for big and small watermelons, cantaloupe, and honeydews.
Cut the ends off your melon so it can stand up on the cutting board and have a starting point for the next cuts .
Cut downward, cutting off all of the rind, all the way to the bottom.
Cut the melon in half. Then cut into rectangles, then squares.
The watermelon is the perfect size for eating and loving. Nothing like sitting down to watch Oprah with a big bowl of watermelon while the kids are napping (they can have some later).

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP