Friday, May 7, 2010

Paper Airplane Extravaganza

"Mom-I wannoo make paper airplanes" -translation: "Mom, would you spend the next hour trying to figure out how to make me paper airplanes and make a lot of them until your fingers bleed from papercuts?"

I found site with 10 different airplanes that had decent instructions to help me make planes beyond the ugly ones that come apart in mid air that I am used to making. The "spinster" is the coolest one and works the best (which my dad swears he invented), and the "moth" is a good one too. By the end, I started to "mod" my planes like an expert- cutting notches, angling wings up and down. I'm still no pro, and their dad would probably be better at this- but hey, whatever.

Because my oldest isn't like other kids, he decided we'd play "hidden planes find them" and while I emptied the dishwasher, he hid them and I had to sneak up on them and say "PLANE!", then throw it. He then made up songs about each of his airplanes for the next hour. I suggested he decorate them, he responded "I don't decorate my planes." Oh well.


This is the reason why we make things when the baby is taking a nap.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP