Saturday, May 29, 2010

The best $1.24 I spend all month



Cornstarch + water = at least a half an hour of peace and quiet.

Any trip to the grocery store down the baking isle with a kid would usually illicit requests for various boxes of brownie mix or chocolate chips, but my oldest kid is way more into looking on the very tippy top shelf for the Cornstarch. Come home from the grocery store, put the baby in bed, and don't just mix up a little of the cornstarch goo like they show you in school. Mix up the whole darn box. Add just a little water at a time and reserve some cornstarch just in case you add too much water. You want just enough to have a thick gluey consistency. Its actually fun to play with at different levels of wetness. Is it a liquid? Is it a solid? Is it my favorite thing to come out of the grocery store since the free cookies by the bakery? While my big kid is squeezing, punching, hiding toys, and making a tiny mess, I am cleaning out the refrigerator and doing like Rachel Ray says to and chopping my veggies before I store them and organizing my pantry and making a healthy snack for us to eat after I sweep up the dried up corn starch from the floor. Love it. To entertain big J a little longer, he loves to watch "cornstarch monsters" on Time Warp on You Tube. We sort of tried it one day. We took a bowlful of the goo and put it on a large square foot messager and tried to get it to "dance". It kind of wiggled around, but that was about it. I still get begged for a giant speaker to make the monsters every time we see the Time Warp clip. Right, next Christmas, I promise...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP