Monday, June 7, 2010

Don't underestimate the power of a baby pool




Man today was hot. The whole, "You live by the beach, you get the ocean breeze" thing is totally false. First, I do NOT live by the beach. I would not ride my bike there, it would take entirely too long and I would be way too hot and sweaty by the time I got there, so no. So, there is no, I repeat, no ocean breeze. We have suffered for years without air conditioner. No one has it here. We sit with our feet in ice water, cold towels around our necks, and baby pools. Lots of baby pools. This was our first of the year, and as you can see, we didn't even stop to change into swim suits. Jonas is in his tighty whities and Asher ended up with a giant diaper under his onesie (yes, a onesie-he can't be trusted in shirt and pants, the wiener ends up on the outside too often and a pee pee mess ensues). You guys are lucky I didn't include the photo of Jonas acting like the Statue of Liberty.

Anyhoo, we rushed in from school, dumped our books on the table and started filling the pool, dusting off the spiders from the bottom. The oldest got into the sippy cup drawer for all of the toys and the little one sat right in as soon as he had his shoes off. Impromptu fun is the best kind. I got to read a magazine with my toes in the pool and they were busy for a long time. Oh, and spray sunscreen is the best. Up and Up sport sunscreen continuous spray is getting the best reviews as the safest, cheapest and most effective right now. None of the cancer causing retinyl palmitate and it goes on fast.


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP