Monday, June 21, 2010

A mess solution



I include my husband in my brood of boys, as you might, and along with my particular man, comes with a lot of gadgets and their requisite cords and other nerdy mise en place (see x-box ear bud). Our desk drawers were brimming with stuff and if I needed to charge a camera or download photos I had to dig for 15 minutes to find the cord. I wish I could say I came up with this idea, but I didn't. We took an over the door shoe hanger and put it in our front closet. With sticky labels and a sharpie we labeled the pockets where we would put our cords and chargers. Its here on apartment therapy but I for sure had it way before this was posted, so I don't know where it came from. What I do know, is that whoever comes over to my house and sees it always wishes they had it at their house. And now you do too. My husband has taken over the front closet for his own guitar thingies. My vacuum lives in the back of the house. Poor, sad vacuum- all alone. He loves the over the door shoe hanger for all of his guitar cords and instruction booklets. Now our desk drawers are for pencils and tape, like normal people.

1 comments:

Elise June 22, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Ooooooooh ahhhhhhhhhhh. . . seriously. Brilliant.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP